Wednesday, September 2, 2009

20 Things I Love About Fall



Well now you've got me dreaming about the fall.
I love.....

1) A cool evening sitting on the front porch.
2) The beautiful leaves turning colors.
3) The smell in the air (you know every season has it own smell).
4) Coffee on the back patio in the morning. '
5) Fresh baked scones.
6) Pumpkin pie.
7) Lots of apples at the store.
8) Afternoons watching the neighbor kids walk up the hill home, excited about school.
9) Evening walks with my dog.
10) All the new shows on TV.
11) Love the fall flowers.
12) The stores have squash (my favorite vegtable).
13) All the ripe pumpkins in the pumpkin fields.
14) Watching my husband rake leaves into big piles.
15) The last trip to the beach before it gets stormy.
16) Pumpkin scented candles to light in the evening.
17) The kids go back to school & the neighborhood quiets down.
18) Time to quilt, knit and bead.
19) The smell of rain after a long dry spell.
20) Last of all HALLOWEEN!

The leaves haven't turned yet here in Clackamas, Oregon. I am waiting patiently.
Well I am off to go through my quilting box to see what I have. The fall makes me feel domestic and ready to curl-up under a quilt, next to the fire and read a good book.
See Ya

1 comment:

Pearl Maple said...

Sweet post full of reminders about the best of the change of seasons. Thanks for adding to the fall nesting party.